Swedens Best Female Sommelier 2017
My interest for wine begun when I was twenty years old, one year later I moved from Umeå in the northern part of Sweden to Stockholm to start my studies to become a Sommelier. There, my interest grew into a passion. Besides my Sommelier education I am also certified by the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines & Spirits and WSET Level 3 in Sake as well as being a Certified Sommelier through the Court of Master Sommeliers. I am currently enrolled in the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines.
Now I work as the head sommelier at Restaurant Ekstedt, arrange wine tasting and write about wine. Before this I have worked at Canta Lola, Gaston Wine Bar, Restaurant Fotografiska and Tuscan Wine School in Siena among others. I also used to compete in Sommellerie and I am a member of Swesomm, the Swedish National Sommelier Team. We are currently starting our own competition, Swesomm Junior Challenge.
I have seven competition placements:
- Finalist, Vana Tallinn Grand Prix/Baltic Championship 2019 (guest competitor)
- Third place, the Swedish National Sommelier Competition 2019
- Second place, Nordic Ruinart Challenge 2018
- First place, Lily Bollinger Award 2017
- Second place, Nordic Ruinart Challenge 2017
- Third place, the Swedish National Sommelier Competition 2017
- Second place, Lily Bollinger Award 2016