Swedens Best Female Sommelier 2017
My interest for wine begun when I was twenty years old, one year later I moved from Umeå in the northern part of Sweden to Stockholm to start my studies to become a Sommelier. There, my interest grew into a passion. Besides my Sommelier education I am also certified by the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines & Spirits and WSET Level 3 in Sake as well as being a Certified Sommelier through the Court of Master Sommeliers.
Now I work in Siena, Italy, for Tuscan Wine School doing guided tours and lectures about wine and food. I also arrange wine tasting and write about wine for mainly Umeå Tidning, a Swedish newspaper. I have also competed in Sommellerie and been a member of Swesomm, the Swedish National Sommelier Team during the year of 2017.
So far I have five competition placements:
- Second place, Nordic Ruinart Challenge 2018
- First place, Lily Bollinger Award 2017
- Second place, Nordic Ruinart Challenge 2017
- Third place, the Swedish National Sommelier Competition 2017
- Second place, Lily Bollinger Award 2016